My graduate student Sarfaraz Hussein Defended His PhD thesis in 7 June 2018 successfully and obtained the PhD Degree.
Dr. Hussein started working with me in Spring 2015 (late), and focused on developing machine learning and artificial intelligence methods as applied to biomedical imaging and image analysis.
More specifically, his phd thesis title is “Learning Algorithms for Fat Quantification and Tumor Characterization”.
Dr. Hussein was very productive PhD student, and I am sure he will continue to be. Some of his influential publications are enlisted below:
- Deep Multi-Modal Classification of Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neo- plasms (IPMN) with Canonical Correlation Analysis. Sarfaraz Hussein, P. Kan- del, J. Corral, C. Bolan, M. Wallace, Ulas Bagci. IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) 2018.
- How to Fool Radiologists with Generative Adversarial Networks? A Visual Turing Test for Lung Cancer Diagnosis. M. Chuquicusma, Sarfaraz Hussein, J. Burt, Ulas Bagci. IEEE ISBI 2018.
- Automatic Segmentation and Quantification of White and Brown Adipose Tissues from PET/CT Scans. Sarfaraz Hussein et al. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging (TMI) 2017.
- Risk Stratification of Lung Nodules using 3D CNN based Multi-task Learn- ing. Sarfaraz Hussein, K. Cao, Q. Song, Ulas Bagci. Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI) 2017.
- TumorNET: Lung Nodule characterization using Multi-view Convolutional Neural Network with Gaussian Process. Sarfaraz Hussein, R. Gillies, K. Cao, Q. Song, Ulas Bagci. IEEE ISBI 2017.
- Brown adipose tissue detected by PET/CT imaging is associated with less cen- tral obesity. A. Green, Ulas Bagci, Sarfaraz Hussein, P. Kelly, R. Muzaffar et al. Nuclear Medicine Communications (NMC) 2017.
- Context Region Discovery for Automatic Motion Compensation in Fluorosco- py. Y. Xia, Sarfaraz Hussein, V.Singh, M. John, Y. Wu, T. Chen. Information Processing in Computed Assisted Interventions (IPCAI) 2016.
- System and methods for Image-based quantification of white and brown adi- pose tissue at the tissue, organ, and body-region levels. Sarfaraz Hussein and Ulas Bagci. 2017 (patent)
- Robust calcification tracking in fluoroscopic imaging. T. Chen, Sarfaraz Hussein, M. John, V. Singh. 2016 (patent)
and several others…
Sarfaraz’s Webpage: http://sarfarazhusain.wixsite.com/personal